Experienced Milwaukee Moving Company & Pro Milwaukee Movers
Stressing about your upcoming household move? Take a deep breath and relax, because choosing a Milwaukee moving company just got easier. At Barrett Moving & Storage, we do everything in our power to make your move a smooth transition from start to finish.
To help you through your move, we have provided a multitude of moving resources including salary comparison calculators, packing tips, and information on our storage facilities. If you're thirsty for more, check out our moving company's history and our list of awards. You can even get a free estimate for the cost of your residential move! Take your time, and let us know what we can do for you.
Use the simple quote form to the right to see how we can make your move as smooth as possible!
Six Smooth-Move Tips from the Milwaukee Team:
- Take some time and space for yourself. As your moving day arrives, set a place in your home aside for your own use. There you can keep the items that you don't want the movers to pack. It should be a place where you can relax and make any last-minute preparations for your move.
- Make sure your phone remains connected on moving day. Often phone companies will disconnect the phone line on your stated move-out date. Inform your phone company that you need phone service on moving day to ensure you can make those last-minute arrangements and other miscellaneous calls.
- Soft household goods can be kept in drawers. Linens, clothes, and other soft cloth items can stay in drawers for the duration of the move. Loose items must be packed in separate boxes. If you have a junk drawer, place all the items from the drawer into a small box and label it for future reference. Desks and other bureau-type furniture sometimes have to be tipped to get through doorways or up and down stairs. You can protect your items as well as your other furniture by making sure all loose items are securely packed within their own boxes.
- Make arrangements for your plants. Being packed up in a truck without sunlight in extreme temperatures can kill a plant fast. Typically we don't move plants, although exceptions to this rule are at the driver's discretion and are largely dependent upon the weather. Try to make alternate arrangements to move your household plants. If you won't be able to take them with you, consider giving your plants away to a friend with a green thumb or donate them to a school or other organization. Well-loved plants also make great gifts.
- Moving in the summer? May through September is peak moving season, so plan your moving day mid-month if you can to avoid the rush.
- Moving in the winter? Milwaukee movers know the reality of snow in the winter. You can help us make moving day a breeze by clearing away the snow and ice from your driveway and sidewalk.
Get on the road with the best household mover in Milwaukee. Use the simple quote form to the right to get your move started today! Looking for your new home in Milwaukee, but not sure where to look? Visit our Milwaukee Neighborhoods and Milwaukee Suburbs pages for more about moving to Milwaukee!
Moving to Madison? Our Madison Neighborhoods and Madison Suburbs articles will help you choose your new neighborhood or suburb to call home.
Moving to one of the following communities? Check out these resources page for community-specific resources.
Are you moving your office in the Milwaukee area? Find some advice in our Seven Steps to a Successful Office Move article!