Established Chicago Moving Company & Expert Chicago Movers
Looking for the best mover in Chicago? Relax. Once you choose Barrett as your Chicago moving company, you'll realize that the hardest part is over. With over a century of experience in the moving industry, we can deliver the goods - on time, guaranteed.
Ready to learn more? Contact us now to get the best household mover in Chicago working for you!
Six tips for a smooth move from the Chicago team:
- Subscribe to a newspaper for the area of your new residence. If you're moving to Chicago, subscribe to the Chicago Sun-Times or another local newspaper ahead of time. You'll be able to cruise the classifieds for jobs, check out the real estate landscape, and get a flavor for the local culture before your move.
- Take advantage of our City Pointe® program. Barrett's City Pointe® program offers you destination information on over 750 cities in the United States - including Chicago -- and more throughout the globe. Plus, if you choose a realtor from our network you can get CASH BACK on your move. Ask your Customer Service Representative for more information.
- Flexible dates for your move to Chicago? If you can plan your move off-season (September through April) you'll be at an advantage, especially if there's a bump on the road along the way. If you must move during summer, try to move mid-month.
- For interstate moves, prepare for the moving company's visual survey. In order give you the most accurate estimate for the cost of your move, Barrett will send an estimator to survey your home room by room to determine your moving needs. Don't forget those items in storage, in an attic, or in an outbuilding shed! This will help us make the most accurate estimate we can.
- Plan ahead for parking on your packing and moving days. Chicago can be a crowded place, and parking isn't always easy (especially for a moving truck!) If you are living on a street with limited available parking, or with parking restrictions, try to inform anyone who might need to know, such as a property manager or neighbors, about the date of your upcoming move. We can help determine the parking situation when our agent completes the visual survey of your home, but any extra information is always appreciated.
- Inform everyone of your new residential address and moving date.This includes electric, gas, water, fuel, and cable companies, the post office, and of course employers and friends. Also try to get your utilities in your new home connected before your household goods arrive. Taking care of the billing changes ahead of time will reduce the stress of moving considerably.
Visit our Household Moving Tips, Popular Chicago Neighborhoods and Chicago Suburbs pages for more about moving to Chicago!
We're here to help with your Chicago move. Use the simple quote form to the right to get on the road to a smooth and easy transition to your new home!
Moving to one of the following communities? Check out these resources page for community-specific resources.